SilverSpider

Default customized menu bar to reverts to original

i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

SilverSpider

save in is set for my customized template. its has to be my customized
template since i am directly editing from my template. and also after i click
toolscustomize the my customized menu reverts back. i forgot to mention that
after closing the dialog box, my menu remains.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you open Tools | Customize, what is set in "Save in"?

"SilverSpider" wrote in message
i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

If your customizations are in your customized template, then when you start
Word, with a document based on Normal.dot, your customized template (if it
is a document template) is not loaded. If you want your customized template
to be a global template, you need to put it in Word's Startup folder.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you open Tools | Customize, what is set in "Save in"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SilverSpider" wrote in message
i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but

evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to

this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu

bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

Charles Kenyon

That you are editing your customized template does not mean that
customizations are automatically saved there.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you open Tools | Customize, what is set in "Save in"?

so
all may benefit.

"SilverSpider" wrote in message
i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but
evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to
this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

SilverSpider

thank you suzanne. i'll try that out and let you know quickly. also another
requirement is that the changes that i make in my customized template must
not affect word i.e., if a user opens another document or a new document then
the changes i make to my template must not obstruct the functioning of those
documents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you open Tools | Customize, what is set in "Save in"?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SilverSpider" wrote in message
i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but

evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to

this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu

bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

SilverSpider

hi charles. thank you for replying. i think what you are trying to put forth
is equally true with what i am trying to put forth. i wanted others to know
that the macro, menu and keyboard shortcuts changes that i make directly from
my customized template will automatically be saved in my template because my
template will be set the default for this purpose. probably other changes
will not be made directly to my template but to word as a whole.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you open Tools | Customize, what is set in "Save in"?

so
all may benefit.

"SilverSpider" wrote in message
i have customized the word menu bar according to my needs, but
evertime i
open word it reverts back to original. but there is a funny twist to
this
case. when i open customize dialog box from tools the original menu bar
becomes my customized menu bar. please explain. help needed as soon as
possible.

In that case you definitely want your template to be a document template,
and you must take care to save the customizations in that template (make
sure that it is selected as the customization context in the Customize,
Macro, AutoText, etc., dialog). The customizations will be available only in
a document based on that template.