Smith

Default A 'field' question

Hi, I hope you can help.

I've created a document (basically like a school report) with check boxes
and fields. The problem I have is that when I want to type into the field,
it's fine until the text goes onto a different line, then it starts to move
the text of the unfielded bits down the page.

I've saved it as a template, tried it protected and unprotected but can't
seem to get my head around it.

I hope someone out there understands what I mean and can give some advice to
a Word novicette.

TIA
Tracey

Charles Kenyon

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

The usual method to keep things in place is to use a table with fixed-size
cells to hold your fields. A second method is to use frames. These methods
are discussed in the articles noted above.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Smith" wrote in message
Hi, I hope you can help.

I've created a document (basically like a school report) with check boxes
and fields. The problem I have is that when I want to type into the field,
it's fine until the text goes onto a different line, then it starts to
move
the text of the unfielded bits down the page.

I've saved it as a template, tried it protected and unprotected but can't
seem to get my head around it.

I hope someone out there understands what I mean and can give some advice
a Word novicette.

TIA
Tracey

Smith