Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeff Leggett Jeff Leggett is offline

Default how can I copy and paste text in to a drop down form field

after creating a drop down form field I am able to insert text by typing &
adding however I would like to paste text in as some of the text is rather
long - I am unable to do this - any help would be much appreciated - thanks
Jefff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Assuming that you are talking about adding Drop-down items in the Drop-Down
Form Field Options dialog, you can either right click when you have the
select in the Drop-down item control or use Ctrl+V and the data that you
have copied to the clipboard will be inserted into the control.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jeff Leggett" Jeff wrote in message
after creating a drop down form field I am able to insert text by typing &
adding however I would like to paste text in as some of the text is rather
long - I am unable to do this - any help would be much appreciated -
thanks
Jefff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can paste them all into a macro and run the macro to populate the field
e.g. for Dropdown1

Sub PopulateDD1()
Dim oDD As DropDown
Set oDD = ActiveDocument.FormFields("DropDown1").DropDown
With oDD.ListEntries
.Add "Apples"
.Add "Apricots"
.Add "Artichokes"
End With
End Sub

Nore there is a limit of 25 entries to a dropdown field.