Mkate

Default Template Pull-down menus do not load with Template

Hello,

I am running Windows XP with MS Office 2003. I have a set of templates that
I use for work. There are twelve templates in the set and they all use the
same toolbar and pulldown style menus.

The templates are in my User Templates folder and have always worked
correctly. When I open a new template or I open a document created with
these templates the pulldown menus on top menu bar (3 for these templates)
should all appear as well as the toolbar created to run with these templates.

I am not sure what has happened, but the menus and toolbar no longer load
when I open a new template or a document created using the template. I have
checked all my options and do not see anything that would fix this problem.
I can fix the toolbar problem by viewing the toolbar associated with the
template, but am not sure why this is now unchecked when it automaticlly
loaded before upon opening a new template or a document created using one of
my templats.

I tried placing one of the templates in global templates and add-ins;
however, when I open a document created with any of these templates I then
see "two sets" of pull-down menus. Not good!

The only thing new that I added to my computer is the installation of the
full version of Adobe Acrobat and am not sure if this may be part of the
problem or not.

Has anyone had this problem and knows the fix?. It is like a switch was
turned and it suddenly stopped working.

I appreciate your response. Have a nice day!
--
Mkate
Charles Kenyon

You need to save the templates with the toolbar displayed. Adobe may
override your toolbars if you use the template or a document created using
the template to start Word but shouldn't if Word is already (fully) open
when you try using the template.

BTW, the correct way to use a template is _not_ to "open" it but to create a
new document based on the template. You open the template only when you want
to make changes that will be reflected in all future documents created from
the template. The only time you would open a template and use Save As with
it is when you want to create a new (different) template. For more on the
different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of
templates folders see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.