lukea

Default Mail Merge Label Problem

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help.

I'm mailmerging labels from an Excel Spreadsheet. In terms of doing
that, everything is cool and groovy.

The problem is with the labels themselves.

I have a label page set up with 10 labels.
I've formatted the labels so it displays headers for each field, and
the current date. I entered these as normal text (the date was entered
as Insert-Field-Date)
These headers and date appear on all 10 labels, even if they haven't
got any merged data. So basically I'm wasting 5-6 labels at a time on
one page if there is only 4-5 labels that have merged data.
I tried a "Next Record If" Statement but that didn't work.

Is there some kind of VBA or macro or secret to do in order that the
formatted text only appears on the labels that have merged, and not on

all labels on the page?

Cheers!
Luke

--
lukea
Graham Mayor

The way to handle this is to use a conditional field to place the date. I
assume that at least one field will always be present during the merge, so
make the date conditional on that field eg

{IF {Mergefield fieldname} "" "{Date \@ "d MMM yyyy"}"}

Field boundaries are inserted with CTRL+F9 and the date switch can be set to
the date format you require.
Fieldname is the name of the field that should be present.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and

lukea wrote:
[...]

Mail merge label only puts one label per page? Ebb Berry Mailmerge 4 April 21st 23 12:06 PM
Date problem with mail merge Word 2002 Andy Davis Mailmerge 3 June 22nd 05 09:43 AM
Mail Merge problem. Jack Mailmerge 1 April 19th 05 07:23 AM
Excel 2003 mail merge problem Jeremy Byrne Mailmerge 1 February 9th 05 11:48 AM
Unusual Mail Merge Problem Kevin Mailmerge 0 January 7th 05 02:13 PM