Al Franz

Default How get Templates to pop up for New Document

Just upgraded from Word 1997 to Word 2003. In 97 when I open a new document
the template tabbed menu pops up automatically. Is there away to set this
in 2003 as well. Instead of the extra step to access the New Document Task
Pane.

TF

Al

Some manual changes need to be made as below.

Right-click on any Toolbar and select Customise.
Select the Commands Tab and select All Commands from the Categories list
Scroll down the list of command to find FileNewDialog, select it and drag
and drop it onto the Standard menu bar
It will display as Other...
Right-click on it and chose Default Style (to remove the text)
Then you need to assign an Icon face to the button. I just copy and paste
the standard FileOpen button and use Edit, Button and added a black 'N' to
the folder image.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Al Franz" wrote in message
: Just upgraded from Word 1997 to Word 2003. In 97 when I open a new
document
: the template tabbed menu pops up automatically. Is there away to set this
: in 2003 as well. Instead of the extra step to access the New Document
Task
: Pane.
:
: