Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
llorcas llorcas is offline

Default How do I create the symbols for feet and inches.

I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create the symbols for feet and inches.

Instructions for inserting symbols for feet and inches in Microsoft Word:
[list=1][*]Open your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.[*]Click on the Insert tab in the top menu bar.[*]Click on the Symbol button in the Symbols section of the ribbon.[*]In the drop-down menu, select More Symbols.[*]In the Symbol dialog box, select Arial Unicode MS as the font.[*]Scroll down until you find the symbols for feet and inches (they should be towards the bottom of the list).[*]Click on the symbol you want to insert and then click the Insert button.[*]The symbol will be inserted into your document at the cursor's location.

Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts to insert the symbols. For the symbol for feet, press Ctrl + ' (apostrophe) and then f. For the symbol for inches, press Ctrl + ' (apostrophe) and then i.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

They are 2 keys past the L key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try Insert - Symbol. Set the Font: to Symbol. I see a serviceable mark for
feet in Character code 162, and for inches in 178.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But, those aren't slanted. Not a math geek, eh, JoAnn? ;-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
news
They are 2 keys past the L key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
llorcas llorcas is offline

Thanks, Herb, but when I insert symbol 0162 I get Ţ. With 0178, I get Ÿ. I'm
using MS Word (MS Office 2003) on Windows XP. Does that make a difference?

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I get the correct characters when I insert them using the Symbol dialog box,
but not when using the direct characters by number. In the Symbol dialog, do
you see the correct symbols in those positions when Symbol font is selected?

--

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I use the prime and double prime characters at U2032 and U2033. I have
assigned them to Ctrl+Shift+F and Ctrl+Shift+I.

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
llorcas llorcas is offline

Thank you, JoAnn. I've been trying for months to find the answer. The problem
here is that the symbol for feet and inches must be slanted, and that's where
I'm running into problems. I think the symbol for feet is prime (€² ) under
symbol code 2032, but now I can't find the correct one for double prime (for
inches).

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

They are 2 keys past the L key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS Office
2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Double prime is at 2033. The way these characters actually display will be
determined by the font.

llorcas wrote:
Thank you, JoAnn. I've been trying for months to find the answer. The
problem here is that the symbol for feet and inches must be slanted,
and that's where I'm running into problems. I think the symbol for
feet is prime (' ) under symbol code 2032, but now I can't find the
correct one for double prime (for inches).

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

They are 2 keys past the L key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"llorcas" wrote in message
I cannot find the slanted symbols for feet and inches in Word (MS
Office 2003). How do I create them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

To a degree, yes however I'll be darned if I would be so picky as to argue
the angle of ' vs ´. Would they do the same of it was handritten? (Maybe my
world is a bit simpler but that's one argument I'd walk away from rolling my
eyes.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]