Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Neron[_5_] Neron[_5_] is offline

Default mask over images

Hi all,

I was wondering, is it possible in Word to create a "mask" to put over
an image? For example, I have a coversheet of a report, and on this
coversheet I need a picture to be inserted. But, only on a specific
part, shaped like an oval.
I can create an oval shape, and use a picture as fill-effect, but the
pucture gets distorted, and I don't want that to happen
I can create a partly transparant image with an external programm, and
use that image to be in front of my inserted picture.... Well, that's
the way I want it to look, but than I have to use an external program,
and I'm not as flexible as I want to be.

Does anybody know how to do this in Word?

Regards,

Bert

--
Neron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you want to use just part of a picture, first crop it to a rectangle with
the correct aspect ratio in an external graphics program, then use it as
fill for your ellipse.

http://word.mvps.org

"Neron" wrote in message

Hi all,

I was wondering, is it possible in Word to create a "mask" to put over
an image? For example, I have a coversheet of a report, and on this
coversheet I need a picture to be inserted. But, only on a specific
part, shaped like an oval.
I can create an oval shape, and use a picture as fill-effect, but the
pucture gets distorted, and I don't want that to happen
I can create a partly transparant image with an external programm, and
use that image to be in front of my inserted picture.... Well, that's
the way I want it to look, but than I have to use an external program,
and I'm not as flexible as I want to be.

Does anybody know how to do this in Word?

Regards,

Bert

--
Neron

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Neron[_6_] Neron[_6_] is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply.
I was already affraid it wasn't possible to do completely within Word.

Greetz,

Bert

-

--
Neron
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: mask over images

Creating an Oval Mask over an Image in Word

1.
  1. Insert the image by going to the Insert tab and selecting Pictures.
2. Click on the image to select it.
3. Go to the Format tab and select the Crop tool.
4. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the Crop tool and select Crop to Shape.
5. Choose the oval shape you want to use as your mask.
6. Adjust the size and position of the oval shape to fit over the part of the image you want to show.
7. Click outside of the image to apply the crop.

If you want to adjust the position or size of the oval mask, simply click on the image again and repeat the steps above.

Input mask for form fields in Word Lee S. Page Layout 2 April 9th 09 01:22 AM
Phone# with input mask merged into word workliveplay Mailmerge 2 October 4th 06 05:39 AM
Why won't my images appear? klhmusic Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 05 07:13 PM
Images SAIPS Microsoft Word Help 1 May 9th 05 11:28 AM
Form Field Input Mask LeahRose Microsoft Word Help 0 March 14th 05 03:31 PM