Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mleisure

Default Display time in correct format in a mail merge

I'm creating a mail merge using an Excel worksheet as the source file and the
letter is in Word. One of the items in the worksheet is a date field
formatted as HH:MM AM(PM). When the data is merged, it displays as HH:MM:SS
AM(PM). How can I get the merge to display in HH:MM AM(PM) format?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

In your Word document, try Alt-F9 to reveal the field codes and modify, e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD mydatefield }

to look like

{ MERGEFIELD mydatefield \@"hh:mm am/pm" }

(If there are other "switches" such as \*Mergeformat, leave them)

Peter Jamieson