Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

Default Inserting table cells in Word 2007

I doubt this is possible but I'll ask anyway ...

I want to insert a single cell in the middle of a Word table so that all
subsequent exisiting cells shunt along to make room. Can I do this?
--
Millie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Unfortunately, no. When you use Table | Insert | Cells, you get a choice of
shifting cells right or down. The first choice gives you an extra cell at
the end of the row. The second gives you an extra row at the end of the
table, with all the cells in the given column moved down one. Sorry.

If the table content and layout are fairly simple, you can convert the table
to text, add the new content, and convert it back to a table.

"Millie" wrote in message
I doubt this is possible but I'll ask anyway ...

I want to insert a single cell in the middle of a Word table so that all
subsequent exisiting cells shunt along to make room. Can I do this?
--
Millie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Millie[_2_] Millie[_2_] is offline

I thought not but thanks for helping. I'll give the conversion suggestion a
go and see what happens.
--
Millie