Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Remove Highlighting

Hi Tom,

You can do it a couple of ways in Word 2003.

You can select the highlighted text and use the Highlighting tool on the Formatting toolbar, one at a time, or you can use
Edit=Replace (Ctrl+H)

In the Find & Replace dialog select the
'Find What' box and click the [More]button then the
[Format] button and select Highlight.

In the 'replace with' box again select [Format] button and Highlight. Then repeat and you should see 'Not Highlight' appear.

Choose replace all and the highlighting should be gone.

===========
"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message ...
Running Office 2003 under Win XP

I recently received a file that had some passaged highlighted in yellow.
When I was done what I was doing, I went to remove the highlighting. But I
had deleted the highlighting button from the button bar because I never
highlight things.

I was unable to find any menu command that would permit me to remove the
highlight. Is there one, and does anyone know where it is?

I ended up just deleting all of the text and typing it back in--an annoying
task.

Thanks for any help. Tom
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)