ncoffey

Default How to switch off the document preview in file open

I get a preview of the document I select when I do the file/open command. I
want to switch this off. The same version of word 2003 does not do this on
my laptop.
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Word retains the last-selected view. To change views in the Open dialog box,
click the View tool's dropdown arrow (the View tool is immediately to the
left of the Tools item in the top right corner of the Open dialog box).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"ncoffey" wrote in message
I get a preview of the document I select when I do the file/open command.
want to switch this off. The same version of word 2003 does not do this
on
my laptop.

Graham Mayor

Tools options general uncheck 'Allow starting in reading layout'