Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paula Paula is offline

Default Table of Contents/Leaders

Why do the leaders disappear in some entries of my TOC? When I update the
entire table, two entries lose the leaders (dots) before the page numbers?
How do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Who knows why it happens, but you can restore them manually. Click in one of
the entries with missing leader, go to Format | Tabs, select the tab stop
that should have the leader, select the period leader, and click OK. Because
TOC styles are by default set to update automatically, making this change in
one entry should update all entries at that level. Repeat as needed for
other levels.

"Paula" wrote in message
Why do the leaders disappear in some entries of my TOC? When I update the
entire table, two entries lose the leaders (dots) before the page numbers?
How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, think about it: Which tab do you think is at your right margin, which
is (presumably) 6.5" from the left margin?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Who knows why it happens, but you can restore them manually. Click in

one of
the entries with missing leader, go to Format | Tabs, select the tab

stop
that should have the leader, select the period leader, and click OK.

Because
TOC styles are by default set to update automatically, making this

change in
one entry should update all entries at that level. Repeat as needed for
other levels.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.