Can you restart caption numbering at 1 after a section break?

Old March 23rd 05, 10:25 PM
Michelle

Default Can you restart caption numbering at 1 after a section break?

I'm working on a document that needs table numbers to be restarted after each
section break? Is there an easy way to do this or will I need to manually
assign table numbers?
Old March 24th 05, 01:11 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsbGU=?=,

I'm working on a document that needs table numbers to be restarted after each
section break? Is there an easy way to do this or will I need to manually
assign table numbers?

You should be able to use the \s switch in the SEQ field controlling the
numbering. Read the help on SEQ fields.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Caption Numbering and Chapter Heading Frederick Simard Microsoft Word Help 3 March 18th 05 06:53 PM
Caption numbering reset Guy Tables 1 March 9th 05 08:40 AM
Numbering - skip a level BruceM Microsoft Word Help 4 February 10th 05 08:56 PM
can't restart numbering BG Microsoft Word Help 0 November 24th 04 04:41 PM
table caption numbering scottkinsey Tables 1 November 11th 04 12:47 PM