Formatting paragraphs in Word 2007 Multilevel lists

Old April 27th 10, 12:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ludite

Default Formatting paragraphs in Word 2007 Multilevel lists

I'm using Word 2007, SP2.

Without the list applied, the paragraph style is what I selected with a 6pt
space before and after each paragraph.

When I apply a multilevel list, the style is not what I wanted, and the
inter-paragraph spacing disappears.

I went into define a new list style and correcetd the style to give a
hanging indent, but under format, "paragraph" is muted and not available to
edit.

How do I restore the inter-paragraph spacing?

Thank you for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry