editor in chief

Default Paper orientation

I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print, then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help
Doug Robbins

If you want to use landscape orientation, select Page Setup from the File
menu and on the Margins tab, select the Landscape Orientation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"editor in chief" editor in wrote in
message ...
I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print,
then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
IT professional IT professional is offline

I have Microsoft Office 2008 and despite selecting Page Layout -
Orientation - Landscape my documents continue to print in portrait. This
may be related to Vista on my machine. After setting the control panel to
Classic View my file system becomes corrupted.

I will soon be back on Windows XP and will retry MS Office 2008 using XP
instead of Vista. Vista seems to have targeted my machine with all kinds of
problems.

Robert

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If you want to use landscape orientation, select Page Setup from the File
menu and on the Margins tab, select the Landscape Orientation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"editor in chief" editor in wrote in
message ...
I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print,
then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob D[_2_] Bob D[_2_] is offline

The problem I have is that Page Layout is dimmed (inactive) so I can't do it.
The file was one I created by saving an rtf file as a word file. I finally
got it to work by going into normal view, which undimmed Page Layout, then I
switched back to print view. This is a very unobvious solution. What causes
Page Layout to be dimmed?
--
Bob Davis

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If you want to use landscape orientation, select Page Setup from the File
menu and on the Margins tab, select the Landscape Orientation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"editor in chief" editor in wrote in
message ...
I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print,
then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Page layout settings will be inaccessible if the insertion point is inside a
text box. Switching to Normal view, where text boxes are invisible, will let
you access File | Page Setup again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

If you want to use landscape orientation, select Page Setup from the File
menu and on the Margins tab, select the Landscape Orientation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"editor in chief" editor in wrote in
message ...
I cannot get the paper orientation to stay on landscape. I go to print,
then
properties, click on landsacape, then apply then OK and it still will
only
print portrait. Is there a hidden step I am missing or am I just really
computer illiterate. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To clarify: Instead of changing views, of course you could just as easily
move the insertion point out of the text box. Placing the insertion point in
the main body of the document will activate File | Page Setup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP