Rights Management - Updating Multiple Permissions

Old November 28th 05, 03:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Rights Management - Updating Multiple Permissions

Hi:

I am using Office 2003's IRM for controlling policy level documents. In the
past, the users to have access to various documents have been relatively
small, so updating who had what permissions were easy. These documents are
now going to be accessible to a larger population and I was wondering if
there are ways of creating groups that would have a set permissions, and then
I would just update the group with the current users.

So just to be clear: in the past, I have manually added users to each
document, giving them the restricted permissions. More users are being added,
and some come and go, and I'm hoping there is an easy way to motify these
changes to a whole group of controlled/restricted documents?

TIA.

Jason

Old November 30th 05, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=,

I don't think this is the best group in which to ask this question. The
technology is more at a server (Win2003?) level than a Word-interface one. Try a
group that supports Win2003?

I am using Office 2003's IRM for controlling policy level documents. In the
past, the users to have access to various documents have been relatively
small, so updating who had what permissions were easy. These documents are
now going to be accessible to a larger population and I was wondering if
there are ways of creating groups that would have a set permissions, and then
I would just update the group with the current users.

So just to be clear: in the past, I have manually added users to each
document, giving them the restricted permissions. More users are being added,
and some come and go, and I'm hoping there is an easy way to motify these
changes to a whole group of controlled/restricted documents?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)