A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 6th 05, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

Ads
  #2  
Old December 6th 05, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think what you need to do is embed
the tables in Word.

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

  #3  
Old December 6th 05, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

Can you tell me how to do this?

"Carol" wrote:

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think what you need to do is embed
the tables in Word.

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

  #4  
Old December 6th 05, 07:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

Hi Yvonne-

In an Excel file, select & copy a 'table', or range of cells. Go to your
Word doc & use EditPaste Special. Select the Option for Paste Link, then
choose one of the items in the list, such as:

1) MS Office Excel Worksheet Object - appears in the doc as a 'picture'
which cannot be edited in Word but is linked to the original Excel file,

2) Formatted Text - appears as a Word Table, but retains _most_ of the
formatting (sometimes there are issues that need to be adjusted, such as
column widths) used in the Excel File & can be treated as a Word table, or

3) Unformatted Text - which also appears as a Word table & can be treeated
as such, but does _not_ carry the formatting that was used in Excel.

The other choices are also explained in the Paste Special dialog box when
you click on them, but these are the most likely ones. More info can be found
in Word Help, as well.

HTH |:)

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Can you tell me how to do this?

"Carol" wrote:

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think what you need to do is embed
the tables in Word.

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

  #5  
Old December 6th 05, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Update Excel table in Word automatically from data in Excel

You are really great
It works!
I thought it would be very difficult, but this is so easy!!
Thank you very much!!!!!

Yvonne
(Holland)


"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Yvonne-

In an Excel file, select & copy a 'table', or range of cells. Go to your
Word doc & use EditPaste Special. Select the Option for Paste Link, then
choose one of the items in the list, such as:

1) MS Office Excel Worksheet Object - appears in the doc as a 'picture'
which cannot be edited in Word but is linked to the original Excel file,

2) Formatted Text - appears as a Word Table, but retains _most_ of the
formatting (sometimes there are issues that need to be adjusted, such as
column widths) used in the Excel File & can be treated as a Word table, or

3) Unformatted Text - which also appears as a Word table & can be treeated
as such, but does _not_ carry the formatting that was used in Excel.

The other choices are also explained in the Paste Special dialog box when
you click on them, but these are the most likely ones. More info can be found
in Word Help, as well.

HTH |:)

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

Can you tell me how to do this?

"Carol" wrote:

I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I think what you need to do is embed
the tables in Word.

"yvonnedemulder" wrote:

I’ve got an Excel document with many tables in 30 different sheets.
I want to make an Word document, in which I want to insert the excel tables
between the text.
The data in Excel is made up out of column headers and row headers with list
of marks under it.
I’ve got to change the marks in Excel a lot of time’s, but I don’t want to
change the Word document all the time.
So the tables in the Word document have to change with the changes I make in
the Excel document.

I know this is possible, but no one I know seems to know how to do this.
I would really be grateful with an answer, because I want to use this in my
Final Project.

Yvonne de Mulder (From Holland)

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hard space between words. Sandy L Microsoft Word Help 7 May 5th 06 08:25 PM
Word 97 in Windows XP to maintain formatting Charlie''s Word VBA questions Microsoft Word Help 21 October 24th 05 09:49 PM
Excel data into Word table Melinda Mailmerge 1 October 13th 05 04:47 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 06:10 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.