how do I get this formula (A2*d2)-e2 in a word table

Old April 22nd 06, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default how do I get this formula (A2*d2)-e2 in a word table

--
Big Dogs
Old April 22nd 06, 09:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

In the cell where you want to use your formula go to Table - Formula - next
to the equal sign remove sum (above). Type your formula next to the equal
sign, should look like this:
=(A2*D2)-E2, does that not work for you?

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

Big Dogs

Old April 22nd 06, 12:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi BD,

Press Ctrl-F9 to create a pair of field braces '{ }' and type '=(A2*d2)-e2'
between them, so that you get {=(A2*d2)-e2}, then press F9 to update the
field.

Alternatively, you can use Insert|Field|Equations and Formulae|=(Formula)
and type '(A2*d2)-e2' into the input box.

You might find it useful to explore the various numeric picture switch
formatting options in Word's Help file also.

For more information on this and a wide range of other calculations in Word,
check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
(note: the site's down at the moment but should be back up soon).

Cheers

"Big dogs" wrote in message

Big Dogs