Why do I have to press hyphen key twice for it to appear

Old April 18th 07, 06:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sue12345

Default Why do I have to press hyphen key twice for it to appear

I always have to press the ' key or " key and then the enter key for the ' or
" to appear. I know it is easy to fix this but I just can't remember how.

Thanks
Old April 18th 07, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is an apostrophe, not a hyphen, and the behavior indicates that you
have an international keyboard layout enabled. Change this in Windows
Control Panel | Keyboard or Regional Options | Input Locales.