Word Macro Security

Old May 2nd 07, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob_McK

Default Word Macro Security

I am using Word 2003.
I have created a form template with Dropdown and Text fields. I have
protected parts of the form using Sections so that documents can be imbedded
in unsecured Text fields. I have written Macros to control field logic.
How can I protect the Macros so that when I distribute this form others can
not access the macros to change or delete them?
Old May 2nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman[_2_]

In the VBA editor, go to Tools Project Properties and click the Protection
tab. Check the box for "Lock project for viewing" and supply a password.

It's a really good idea to keep an unlocked copy on your development
machine, just in case you forget the password.

--
Jay Freedman

Old May 2nd 07, 10:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob_McK[_2_]

Jay,

Thank you for the quick reply. I realize it was a trivial question, but I
had tried what you directed me to do, except I did not close and reopen the
the template so after executing the Tools Project Properties, clicking on
"Lock project for viewing", supplying a password and then clicking OK I
expected the Macro to be protected just like when you protect the form
template. The macro is not protected until you close and reopen the form
template.

Thanks again for your help.
Bob McKenna