Can word do this formula =EXP(B2) in a table?

Old August 7th 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
GT

Default Can word do this formula =EXP(B2) in a table?

What are the formulas that word can calculate? I need to do exponents in a
table.
Such as =EXP(B2)
Old August 8th 07, 01:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

The caret character (^) is the exponentiation operator. You need to
give it two numbers, the base and the exponent. For example, if you
want the number in cell B2 to be squared, the formula is

=B2^2

If you want the number 2 raised to the power of the number in cell B2,
that would be

=2^B2

For more information about what you can use in formulas, read the Help
topic "Field codes: = (Formula) field".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman