kwchilli

Default Printer color match in Word 2003

I'm having touble with the color match on a printer (Canon i850) with Word
2003 documents. I've cleaned the printer and have plenty of ink and if I want
a plain old black printed document it comes out purple. This just started a
few weeks ago and I can't get a black printed document.
The setup on the printer looks good and Outlook prints a good black copy. Is
there something in Word that needs set or re-set?

Thanks for your help.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?a3djaGlsbGk=?=,

I'm having touble with the color match on a printer (Canon i850) with Word
2003 documents. I've cleaned the printer and have plenty of ink and if I want
a plain old black printed document it comes out purple. This just started a
few weeks ago and I can't get a black printed document.
The setup on the printer looks good and Outlook prints a good black copy. Is
there something in Word that needs set or re-set?

Try asking this of the experts in the word.printingfonts newsgroup. The one
thing that occurs to me: have you checked the printer properties via the
File/Print dialog box in Word? Perhaps something is not set correctly in the
system settings, but Outlook isn't picking it up...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)