Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default how do I alphabetize labels?

I WORK WITH A SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP THAT IS ALWAYS ADDING NEW MEMBERS TO
THEIR MAILING LABEL LIST. I'M LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE WAY TO KEEP THAT LIST
ALPHABETICAL.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am not sure in what format the list is maintained. If it is maintained as
a document with the labels in it, then see "Convert Labels into Mail Merge
Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

Once you have the information in a table with the names on which you want to
sort in a separate column, you can then use the Sort facility on the tables
menu.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cheryl" wrote in message
I WORK WITH A SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP THAT IS ALWAYS ADDING NEW MEMBERS TO
THEIR MAILING LABEL LIST. I'M LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE WAY TO KEEP THAT LIST
ALPHABETICAL.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles W Davis Charles W Davis is offline

cheryl,

A bulleted list can be sorted in Word. But for the long run, it would easier
to work with the data in Excel. Then use Word's mail merge to creat the
labels and or alphabetical lists. (Note: ALL UPPER CASE IS CONSIDERED
SHOUTING)

"cheryl" wrote in message
I WORK WITH A SENIOR CITIZENS GROUP THAT IS ALWAYS ADDING NEW MEMBERS TO
THEIR MAILING LABEL LIST. I'M LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE WAY TO KEEP THAT LIST
ALPHABETICAL.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Why use Excel for a simple list? Word tables will work just as well and
produce a happier relationship for mail merge than Excel data.