Veli Izzet

Default Merging images from an MSAccess database

Hi all,

I have an Access 2003 database, where one of the fields has the location
of the images of items in the database.

The images are located in the /slides subfolder in the folder where the
access database is in, so the values in field that shows the image
locations are like "/slides/Bi05K001.jpg"

How can I merge the images to word 2003? I read Cindy Meister's FAQ but
could not understand the syntax.

(Actually the ItemId's are like "Bi05K001xx". I use the second field
just to have the full location of the images. If I can create this from
the ItemId field like "/slides/&"Left(ItemId,8)&".jpg" on the fly, I may
also get rid of the image location field.)

Thanks for help.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See fellow MVP Graham Mayor's instructions for how to do it at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Veli Izzet" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have an Access 2003 database, where one of the fields has the location
of the images of items in the database.

The images are located in the /slides subfolder in the folder where the
access database is in, so the values in field that shows the image
locations are like "/slides/Bi05K001.jpg"

How can I merge the images to word 2003? I read Cindy Meister's FAQ but
could not understand the syntax.

(Actually the ItemId's are like "Bi05K001xx". I use the second field just
to have the full location of the images. If I can create this from the
ItemId field like "/slides/&"Left(ItemId,8)&".jpg" on the fly, I may also
get rid of the image location field.)

Thanks for help.

Graham Mayor

If the images are in the slides sub folder of the data file folder then the
following should work

{INCLUDEPICTURE ".\\Slides\\{ItemId}.jpg"}