Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dburchfield2000 dburchfield2000 is offline

Default Word 2007 printing

Can't print w/o it wanting to update the TOC first. If I let it do it, it
messes up my header and footer. If I cancel, it won't print. Is there any way
to turn this off?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can lock the TOC with Ctrl+F11, but I don't see how it could be
affecting your header and footer.

You can choose not to update fields when you print (Office Button | Word
Options | Display: Printing options), but fields in the header and footer
are updated when you print regardless of the printing options setting, and
this may be the issue rather than anything to do with the TOC.

"dburchfield2000" wrote in
message ...
Can't print w/o it wanting to update the TOC first. If I let it do it, it
messes up my header and footer. If I cancel, it won't print. Is there any
way
to turn this off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dburchfield2000 dburchfield2000 is offline

Thanks Susan. I found the option button on the print page to turn off TOC
update. Now it says "re paginating document XXXX" before it says "printing
document XXX".
The repaginating still messes up the header, which looks exactly like it did
when the TOC updated. The header has an image in it, and after the
re-pagination it removes the image and makes a large square out of it.
shifting the header down to be at least 1/3 of the page. Do you think using
Word viewer instead of Word would help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Perhaps you could explain what happens to your H&Fs and we can advise how to
stop them changing.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"dburchfield2000" wrote in
message ...
Can't print w/o it wanting to update the TOC first. If I let it do it, it
messes up my header and footer. If I cancel, it won't print. Is there any
way
to turn this off?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dburchfield2000 dburchfield2000 is offline

Do you have an email address where I can send you a screen grab?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes. terryfarrell AT MSN DOT COM.

Terry

"dburchfield2000" wrote in
message ...

Do you have an email address where I can send you a screen grab?