Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
romorris11 romorris11 is offline

Default MS Word 2002 Drop Down box text length

I have created a drop down box in MS Word 2002, and it works fine, but it
places a limit on the length of the individual items in the drop down. How
can I increase the text length or the amount of characters allowed? I am
trying to create a form that allows users to pick questions from a list, but
the questions keep getting chopped off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

romorris11 wrote:
I have created a drop down box in MS Word 2002, and it works fine,
but it places a limit on the length of the individual items in the
drop down. How can I increase the text length or the amount of
characters allowed? I am trying to create a form that allows users
to pick questions from a list, but the questions keep getting chopped
off.

You'll have to 'graduate' to a userform, which is a custom dialog you
program in VBA.

The article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306258 describes doing this
to work around the limit of 25 items in a forms dropdown, but it's also the
workaround for the limit of 50 characters per item.

Also see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm. If you
have questions or problems, ask in the Userforms newsgroup
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a.userform s).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman