Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pbirn

Default Comments 2003

I just started to use Word 2003 after using 2000 for a long time.

I am having a lot of problems with the comments.

How can I get the comments to look and work in the same way that they did in
2000?

That is, I don't want the colored ribbons separating each comment. I just
want the comments listed plainly--for example, so that I can change the font
size of all the comments before printing them. They now seem to be stuck in a
default 10 font size and that is too small for me.

I really don't understand how the comments in 2003 work and find the help
sections very unhelpful.
--
Phyllis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pbirn

I want to be able to change the style *after* I write the comments. (I print
out the comments and want the type large when I do that.)

I believe that changing the Comment Text would only help if I wanted to
change the style before I started writing the comments. Isn't this true?

But since I wrote, I discovered another strange thing about the comments

I have been unable to Search in the comments. Even if I place the cursor in
the comments pane, I am unable to search.

However, I tried searching for a Comment word in my regular text, hoping
that it would make its way to the Comments section. After many attempts
(some a failure), I finally did get to search in the Comments. In doing
this, the appearance of the Comments changed into just the format that I had
in Word 2000. The red ribbons were gone and I was left with plain Comments
text, which I could format as I liked. Do you know what I did to get this to
happen? Because I would like to do it again

I hope that this is clear.

Phyllis

--
Phyllis

"pbirn" wrote in message
I just started to use Word 2003 after using 2000 for a long time.

I am having a lot of problems with the comments.

How can I get the comments to look and work in the same way that they did

in
2000?

That is, I don't want the colored ribbons separating each comment. I just
want the comments listed plainly--for example, so that I can change the

font
size of all the comments before printing them. They now seem to be stuck

in a
default 10 font size and that is too small for me.

I really don't understand how the comments in 2003 work and find the help
sections very unhelpful.
--
Phyllis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, when you modify a style, the change is immediately applied to all
paragraphs in that style. In this case, it's a little more complicated,
however, as the actual font size depends not just on the Comment Text style
but also on the Balloon Text style.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can change the Comment Text style.

newsgroup so