Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default How to move a caption along with its figure?

Well, no, I would just select the caption and figure together and drag.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jethro Pull" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

I haven't been in Word lately, but will try it in the next couple of days.
I assume you mean Shift-click-click-move. That should work.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Why don't you just move the figure and caption together?

http://word.mvps.org

"Jethro Pull" wrote in message
I think I am missing something, all due respect to Suzanne (my daughter's
name).

I just move the figure, delete the caption and reenter the caption in
the new location. I am pretty clueless about this frame/textbox routine
probably because I'm too chicken to try something new. These
out-of-control figures and their mindless captions are the bane of my
existence.

"swevrywhere" wrote in message
Great, thank you everyone! Suzanne, your tips worked great. Microsoft
should definitely make this functionality more intuitive, but at least
it's possible.