Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EJB EJB is offline

Default Can I create a hyperlink in Word to a PDF file

Hello, I wanted to create a hyperlink within Word to a PDF document.

I can create the link but when I try and click on the link nothing happens.

Can anyone tell me

(a) if it is possible to create such a hyperlink and
(b) Tell me how to go about it.

Thanks :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

(a) yes
(b) ctrl+k, click on Browse for File, select your file and press OK - but I
guess you've already done this.

My suspicion is that you have "Use Ctrl and Click for Hyperlinks" set under
Tools Options and you need to use Ctrl+Click instead of just clicking.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"EJB" wrote in message
Hello, I wanted to create a hyperlink within Word to a PDF document.

I can create the link but when I try and click on the link nothing

happens.

Can anyone tell me

(a) if it is possible to create such a hyperlink and
(b) Tell me how to go about it.

Thanks :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EJB EJB is offline

Hi there, yes I know how to create the hyperlink and I know about the
Control+Click options - what I was trying to say is that the hyperlink is
created but it does not OPEN the pdf. It does not open anything.

Other hyperlinks in the document work fine but they are to other word
documents.

Is it not possible to create a hyperlink to a PDF?

Thanks

"EJB" wrote in message
Hello, I wanted to create a hyperlink within Word to a PDF document.

I can create the link but when I try and click on the link nothing

happens.

Can anyone tell me

(a) if it is possible to create such a hyperlink and
(b) Tell me how to go about it.

Thanks :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EJB EJB is offline

The fix for this is to install Acrobat Reader 7.0.8 - earlier versions won't
allow the PDF to open correctly.

Hope this helps someone else.