Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
I S Gone I S Gone is offline

Default Clearing recent documents list Word 2007

How do I clear the recent documents list from the drop down menu in Microsoft
Word 2007? I wand to be able to delete documents from the list but not
delete the document from its folder.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can clear the entire list by setting the number of recent documents to 0
(Office button - Word Options - Advanced - in the Display section, set "Show
this number of Recent Documents:" to 0.

To remove individual documents, you'd need to edit the registry. The MRU
list is he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\File MRU

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"I S Gone" wrote in message
How do I clear the recent documents list from the drop down menu in
Microsoft
Word 2007? I wand to be able to delete documents from the list but not
delete the document from its folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In addition to Herb's comments: You can use the following macro which will
reset the list to your preset preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

I S Gone wrote:
How do I clear the recent documents list from the drop down menu in
Microsoft Word 2007? I wand to be able to delete documents from the
list but not delete the document from its folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
I S Gone I S Gone is offline

Thanks for your help. I just might look into macros in the future. Herb's
coments did the trick.

I S Gone wrote:
How do I clear the recent documents list from the drop down menu in
Microsoft Word 2007? I wand to be able to delete documents from the
list but not delete the document from its folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Knightrock wrote:
Where do you put the macro?

I S Gone wrote:
How do I clear the recent documents list from the drop down menu in
Microsoft Word 2007? I wand to be able to delete documents from
the list but not delete the document from its folder.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Knightrock[_2_] Knightrock[_2_] is offline

Herb's suggestion worked. I'm still studying the macro thing, i.e. how to
insert a macro and where.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm