Jan at air-flo mfg

Default I need to create a table for maintaining Employee history-HELP!!!

I am in a quandry as to the best way of keeping history files for employees.
Any help would be appreciated.
CyberTaz

Hi Jan-

"History file" can mean a lot of different things. Although you could do
this in a Word table, experience tells me you would be better off using
Excel. It will provide you with much richer data management tools than Word.
Depending on complexity of the data it might even be preferable to use a
relational database like Access or FileMaker Pro if you are familiar with
them.

If you get started right, however, you can set up the initial file as a Word
table then import it to Excel or a database file. But even if you don't work
with Excel right now, it would be no just as easy (maybe easier) to set up
the original data range in a worksheet.

Just make sure that you put each usable data item in a separate table cell
(or 'field'). For example, First Name & Last Name as 2 fields, not combined
in one. The first row of the table should be the field names. Put each record
on a separate row with no empty rows in between & no additional 'copies' of
your field names.

Regards |:)

"Jan at air-flo mfg" wrote:

I am in a quandry as to the best way of keeping history files for employees.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jan at air-flo mfg

Thanks for reply.
I am familiar with Access and would prefer to use it. The history I want to
capture is absenteeism, job movement (dept to dept, etc), rate increases,
etc. If you have any suggestions I'd most grateful.
Thnx, Jan