Noel S Pamfree

Default Page numbering problem

I am making a booklet where I do not want to number the first page and have
set the different page number.

This seemed fine as page 2 is now numbered Page 1 of 14.

The problem is that there are only 13 pages because the first one is the
cover page.

How can I make the footer read the Page X of 13?

Thanks,

Noel

CyberTaz

Hi Noel-

Try this after removing any pae numbering already applied:

1) At the very beginning of the 2nd page go to InsertBreak and choose Next
Page in the Section Break Types, click OK

2) With the insertion point in page 1, go to ViewHeader and Footer. Click
the Page Setup button and put a check in the box for Different First Page

3) Click the buttons for Show Next, then Switch Between Haeder and Footer

4) Click Format Page Number and select the option for Sarting at: (and enter
1, if necessary), click OK

5) Click the Insert AutoText button and choose X of Y

6) Right-Click directly on the total number of pages and choose Edit Field

7) From the list of fields choose SectionPages & click OK

HTH |:)

"Noel S Pamfree" wrote:

I am making a booklet where I do not want to number the first page and have
set the different page number.

This seemed fine as page 2 is now numbered Page 1 of 14.

The problem is that there are only 13 pages because the first one is the
cover page.

How can I make the footer read the Page X of 13?

Thanks,

Noel

Noel S Pamfree

Great - many thanks!

I also discovered thanks to your reply that I could use the right-click on
the edit field to change the number of pages manually. Not as smart but
quite practical.

Noel