Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boobaby

Default adjusting total page count

in my footer i want the total number of pages exluding blank pages

eg.. there may be 13 actual pages, but i only want to count the 10 that
actually have data on them..

any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi boobaby,

If the pages to be numbered are all in one section and the pages not to be
numbered are in other sections, use a SECTIONPAGES field. Otherwise, you
could enclose a NUMPAGES field inside a formula field and simply deduct the
count of un-numbered pages. The latter bit can be cumbersome if the count of
un-numbered pages is liable to change, but there's not much else you can do
unless your document is organised so that the pages to be numbered are all
in different sections than the pages not to be numbered. Unfortunately, you
haven't said how your document is structured.

Cheers

"boobaby" wrote in message
in my footer i want the total number of pages exluding blank pages

eg.. there may be 13 actual pages, but i only want to count the 10 that
actually have data on them..

any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boobaby

the word document contains a total of 11 pages: the first page is not
numbered, then there is a section break: the next 3 pages are numberd C1 of
11 then there is a section break: the next section is numbered i-iii, then
there is a section break, the next section is numbered 1-3, my dilemma is the
C1 of 11, i just want it to count the pages actually in that section..i
understand what it is i need to do, but exactly how do i do that?

boo

"boobaby" wrote in message
in my footer i want the total number of pages exluding blank pages

eg.. there may be 13 actual pages, but i only want to count the 10 that
actually have data on them..

any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boobaby

here is a sample document in the format that i mentioned, as i said before i
just want to count the pages in the section C1 of #, which in this case would
be C1 of 3, rather than C1 of 11

http://www.graceba.net/~boo8266/Test.doc

"boobaby" wrote in message
in my footer i want the total number of pages exluding blank pages

eg.. there may be 13 actual pages, but i only want to count the 10 that
actually have data on them..

any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

In the header of that section, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Where it
says NUMPAGES change that to SECTIONPAGES. Press F9 and then Alt-F9 again.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"boobaby" wrote in message
in my footer i want the total number of pages exluding blank pages

eg.. there may be 13 actual pages, but i only want to count the 10 that
actually have data on them..

any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
boobaby

thank you so much..i looked and looked through my Office 2003 advanced
concepts and techniques book and i couldnt even find anything on counting
pages. Anyways thank you

boo