Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug W Doug W is offline

Default "lock" a table

I'm creating a form in Word 2002 using a series of tables. Once I have the
format I want is there a way to "lock" the tables so they don't for instance
expand as you enter text and hit the enter key. Also is there a way to set it
up so you can tab between just the areas where text is to be entered?
Thanks
DW
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

First, you want to create a protected form, with form fields in some cells
of the table. See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 to
get started with that.

To prevent the table from expanding, use Table Table Properties Rows to
set the row height ot an Exact value. An alternative, which makes the Enter
key behave like the Tab key, is at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211219.

--
Regards,