Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dakota girl dakota girl is offline

Default are linked text boxes numbered in Word 2000 Newsletters?

I want to know which text boxes are linked in a Word 2000 Newsletter? Is
there some way of telling besides the shift key? And are the links numbered
in some way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dakota girl,

The linked textboxes do have numbers internally for Word to use for navigation, but the ID numbers are not displayed, you could
probably get a listing of the linked ones based on their link ID, but I'm not sure that knowing that would necessarily help you
identify them within the newsletter in Word 2000.

You can use the Textbox toolbar
View=Toolbars=Textbox
to navigate back and forth in the linked text box series.

If you place your cursor in a textbox that you believe is linked and use Ctrl+A that will select all text in the linked series,
which would give you a visual indication of the linked items (assuming that all of the items in the chain had at least some visible
text in them).

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dakota girl[_2_] dakota girl[_2_] is offline

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bob!
The Ctrl A helped me out, though I don't seem to have "Textbox" as an option
under the View--Toolbars--Textbox, maybe I need to customize a toolbar for
this option to be available.
Another question: how do you get the paper like shaded outline box onto a
new page? I'm new to this side of word, as in Newsletters!
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
dakota girl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Dakota girl,

I should have mentioned that the 'Textbox' toolbar listing is contextual.
It only appears in
View=Toolbars
if the cursor is in a Textbox in Word

On your other question, are you referring to something that is in a particular Newsletter layout/template (if so which one), or
something that was generated by the Newsletter Wizard, or...?

==============
"dakota girl" wrote in message ...
Thanks Bob!
The Ctrl A helped me out, though I don't seem to have "Textbox" as an option
under the View--Toolbars--Textbox, maybe I need to customize a toolbar for
this option to be available.
Another question: how do you get the paper like shaded outline box onto a
new page? I'm new to this side of word, as in Newsletters!
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
dakota girl
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dakota girl[_2_] dakota girl[_2_] is offline

Hi Bob!
I started my Newsletter, by using the "Newsletter Wizard" type "
Professional "
The template starts out with 5 pages, the second, third and fourth has a
sheet like border which is generated, I need to include more sheets like
these with the sheet border, is it a what do you call a water mark of some
sort? The fifth sheet only shows a line at the bottom of the page? Also I
can't delete extra sheets at the end of my Newsletter without removing the
formatting from the rest of the pages?? Bewildered here? Any help would be
great!
Thanks,
Dakota girl