Stop auto correction of printable area

Old January 27th 05, 09:43 PM
dplocheck

Default Stop auto correction of printable area

I keep getting a message "one or more margins are set outside the printable
area of the page. Choose the Fix button to increase the appropriate
margins". When I hit Fix it changes the left margin to 2.67". If I hit the
Ignore button it doesn't print the left side of the document, cutting off
about 2.67". I notice this mostly happens when I go into Page Setup and
change my document to Landscape. But this has also happened during Potriat
setting deleting the bottom 2.67" of my document. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
Old January 27th 05, 09:53 PM
Jonathan West

"dplocheck" wrote in message
I keep getting a message "one or more margins are set outside the printable
area of the page. Choose the Fix button to increase the appropriate
margins". When I hit Fix it changes the left margin to 2.67". If I hit
the
Ignore button it doesn't print the left side of the document, cutting off
about 2.67". I notice this mostly happens when I go into Page Setup and
change my document to Landscape. But this has also happened during
Potriat
setting deleting the bottom 2.67" of my document. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Hi dplocheck

Take a look here

Suppressing "outside printable area" message
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ntableArea.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Old January 28th 05, 01:52 AM

The 2.67" figure is characteristic of a known conflict between recent
versions of Word and the HP drivers for certain LaserJets. Some users report
that restarting Word will clear the problem temporarily. Using the Windows
printer driver will also solve that problem, but it may reduce functionality
(omit needed special features). Many users have reported that the drivers at
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html solve the problem without reducing
functionality.