Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RN RN is offline

Default Number of page disappeared after formula inserting

I inserted in Page field code the formula (like this
{Page=({Page}+{PageRefS1})}.
After this no errors, no nothing, only empty field. What doesn't mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Delete the first "Page" and the parentheses. Insert a space beetween
"PageRef" and "S1." Now the field should work correctly, after you've
updated it with F9:

{ = { PAGE } + { PAGEREF S1 } }

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RN" wrote in message
I inserted in Page field code the formula (like this
{Page=({Page}+{PageRefS1})}.
After this no errors, no nothing, only empty field. What doesn't
mean?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RN RN is offline

I deleted first Page an braces? but still nothing, empty field

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Not sure exactly what you deleted. Let's start fresh: Delete the
whole field construct. Then insert the following:

{ = { PAGE } + { PAGEREF S1 } }

using Ctrl+F9 to create each pair of field delimiters, {}. Press F9 to
update. If, after updating, Word still shows the field codes rather
than the result, press Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RN" wrote in message
I deleted first Page an braces? but still nothing, empty field

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi RN,

Does your document have a bookmark named 'S1'? If the answer is no, you need
one. If is yes, you have to use 'PAGEREF S1' or 'PageRef S1', not
'PAGEREFS1' or 'PageRefS1'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"RN" wrote in message
I deleted first Page an braces? but still nothing, empty field

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RN RN is offline

Thanks a lot. It is work now.
When I created the formula I just type {} not pressed ctrl+F9, maybe
therefore was error.

"RN" wrote in message
I deleted first Page an braces? but still nothing, empty field

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome. And, yes, the field delimiters must be inserted by
pressing Ctrl+F9; otherwise, you aren't adding a field, but just plain
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP