Chuck

Default "A command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open."

I get the following message when I click on a Word doc to start Word and load
the file:

"A command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click OK, and
then close the dialog boxes to continue."

This is Office 2003, with all of the latest Office 2003 upgrades, recently
installed on a new computer that is running WinXP Professional. (This version
of Office is not OEM.)

I don't have any open dialog boxes when this error message occurs. Thank for
any light you can shed on this problem.

--Chuck
garfield-n-odie

Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs
with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info.