Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Default Converting Docs from WordPerfect: 'Lost' Converter

I have Word 2007, which I downloaded from the Microsoft site -- and
don't have a CD for it. (I know now that was *not* a good idea -- and
I won't do it again.)

I had no problem opening a WordPerfect document in Word 2007 *until*
I bought a new computer and moved all files and programs to my new
computer using PCMover; everything for every program works fine EXCEPT
now when I try to open a WordPerfect file I get a message that my
converter is old. I am told how to remedy that. It involves the
Add/Remove Program on the Control Panel. One uses "Change" instead of
remove. I follow the instructions and get to the point where I can
install the text converters. Here it asks me to insert my CD. As
mentioned above, I don't have a CD. Anyone know how I can handle this.
Is there a CAB file which has the file; if so, what is the location? If
no CAB file, anyone know how I remedy this?

David