Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carol Ring Carol Ring is offline

Default adding background to document

I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background. Again
in word I see the background but in print preview it is not there. Can you
help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Carol Ring wrote:
I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background.
Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not
there. Can you help.

Go to Office button Word Options Display. In the Printing Options
section, check the option "Print background colors and images".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do not that most printers will not print to the edge of the paper, so you
will have a white border all around; and printing background colours is a
good way to quickly exhaust your supply of ink. Better to print on coloured
paper.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Carol Ring wrote:
I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added
backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background.
Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not
there. Can you help.

Go to Office button Word Options Display. In the Printing Options
section, check the option "Print background colors and images".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tiia, Finland Tiia, Finland is offline

I'm trying to add two colors to the background of my document so that it
would gradually change from one to the other (from top to bottom). However,
when I do this, I only get a wavy pattern in wich the colors change back and
forth.
I tried creating a .jpg-file and attaching it as a background to the
document. This resulted in a background where the picture is displayed
several times so that it fills the entire page.
So my question is, how can I get the picture stretched to fit the page?
And is the same option available for the background colors so that the color
would change only once over the entire page (from top to bottom)?