D Burns

Default Problems printing envelopes & landscape pages

I am having problems with the settings for envelopes & documents in Word XP.
Basically, I use the printing envelope function regularly and it used to work
fine, but now when I print envelopes it prints the address the wrong way
round & when I request to print a document in a landscape format, it prints
across the page instead.
I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling Office XP and I have checked the
settings on my machine against another machine which I know works & it has
made no difference.

Have you checked the Printing Options tab of Envelope Options to make sure
that the correct feed method is selected? Sometimes Word gets stuck on the
wrong one and won't save a change. In this case, you may need to edit the
Registry. For tips on this, see
http://www.gmayor.com/epson_envelope_orientation.htm (written for Epsons,
but most of it generally applicable, I think).