Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clement Chau

Default Importing reference/bibliography information

I would like to use (or at least try out) the new "reference/bibliography"
function of Word 2007; it seems like a nice touch. Currently, I use EndNote,
a reference database/software which integrates with MSWord for
citation/reference list formatting, etc. Since I have a rather large library,
I am wondering if there is a function to import my library from Endnote into
Word 2007. I see that Word can import XML; does anyone know how this XML
should be set up?

It would be great if Word can import from other reference database software
such as Endnote without having to do XML (something to think about).
Furthermore, I am hoping that new references added via the Reference function
stays with the computer (or some sort of an external file) and could be
applied to different documents. Otherwise, it would not be very convenient if
one has to keep adding references for every new document one types.

If anyone has any insight into how to use this reference function in Word
2007, please share.

Finally, I see that microsoft included the APA citation style in the in-text
citation style, but all of the bibliography template are MLS or Chicago
style. Please consider having a template that fits the APA format (i.e.,
title = References, and use hanging indentation, double spaced).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarcCorbeil MarcCorbeil is offline

There is a reference tab in word 2007. It works very well with APA and MLA
but does not work at all with Chicago. I found this very disappointing and
hope Microsoft fixes the glitch otherwise I will have to revert to using word
2003 and thrid party program style ease that I was using before.

click the reference tab - click insert citations - add new source (if it
is a new one) or use one of the citations you have already added. You can
use manage sources to refresh citations on the list or to limit them if you,
like me, have too many to usefully list at one time.

There is a search library feature but seems to be mostly dictionary.

As I write academically and reference a lot of the same works, I too would
appreciate a library function, in my case in Chicago, that would make it easy
to grab a reference I already typed in to another article I have written.

I am sure many of my students would appriciate some more work on the
reference and style fucntions. (I would appreciate as I have to read their
papers as well!).