automatic caption with figures

Old April 19th 07, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
saskia

Default automatic caption with figures

In earlier versions I could make captions automatically when I inserted a
picture. In the dialogbox Caption I used Automatic and then I select
Word-figure.
In version 2007 I can not find Word-figure any more in the list of possible
automatic captions.
I'm from Holland and I use the Dutch version, so maybe the translations is
not exactly as I mentioned here.

By the way: I can find Package in that list, but what is that???
Greatings Saskia
Old April 20th 07, 02:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

I can confirm that it doesn't work here, either. Even with all of the
different AutoCaption object types enabled, automatic captions aren't
produced for pictures, shapes, smartart, clipart, or charts. It does work
for Tables, but not for much else.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible