continuous page numbering through section breaks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 16th 14, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default continuous page numbering through section breaks

Stefan,

I was just having the same problem and your Macro just saved my life! Thanks!!

On Monday, August 24, 2009 8:30:27 PM UTC+2, Stefan Blom wrote:
What you are doing should be working. However, sometimes Word doesn't
recognize certain modifications and consequently won't allow you to save the
document.

After you've selected the "Continue from previous" option, does it help if
you also make a change in the document, such as adding and deleting a
character, before saving?

You may also want to try running the following macro, just to be sure that
the restart option is being modified for all sections (even continuous ones
without visible headers and footers):

Sub ContPageNumbering()
Dim s As Section
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections
s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).PageNumbers _
.RestartNumberingAtSection = False
Next s
End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jmc" wrote in message
The page numbering in footer returns to 1 after every section break in my
long document. I've repeatedly "fixed" this by clicking the "Continue from
previous section" button in the Page Number Format dialog box for each
section and saved the document. But when I open the document again, each
section starts back at page 1. I'm using Word 2007, odd and even page
headers
and footers. What am I missing? Thanks.