Hyperlinks quit working once document is closed and reopened

Old September 18th 08, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
leisel

Default Hyperlinks quit working once document is closed and reopened

I'm making Word documents that reference other documents on our server. I had
the bright idea to make hyperlinks to those other documents (Word and PDF
files) and folders. I select text within the original document, click "Insert
Hyperlink," browse through until I locate the file or folder of files I want.
Hyperlinks go in and work beautifully while the document is open (even after
saving). But once I close the document, and later reopen it, the links no
longer work and say the "address is not valid." When I look at the address,
it appears to have changed (many more ////s in it). Very confused. I would
really appreciate any insight. I'm not fluent in computer speak.
Old September 28th 08, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deepak

Hi leisel...
This might be due to following reasons:
The address is not valid.
You did not save the workbook before inserting a hyperlink with a relative path.

Please refer to the link given below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211571
Thank you