Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] inge.randen@gmail.com is offline

Default Backspace deletes indentation of Normal style

In Word 2010 I have made a template with the Normal Style with a indentation at 1,3cm, just where the Header 1 text starts. Everything is lined up just perfectly.

1.2 Header 1
|Normal text
All Normal text should stay here

Everything works fine until the user hits Backspace with cursor location at the left of N of Normal text. In my mind the text should move up behind the Header 1 text. Instead the indent is deleted.

Then this is the result, Normal text moves out of the indent:

1.2 Header 1
|Normal text -------problem
All Normal text should stay here

Any way of blocking the user from deleting the Indent in Normal style?

I know I can reformat the complete template, move left page margin +1,3, have -1,3cm indent at Header numbering, but... is that the only way?
I don't want to lock the Normal style either.

Please help me...

Br,
InR