Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ramez Ramez is offline

Default Removing Added Toolbars

Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 Prof SP2. Recently, downloaded Acrobat 8 and another
software (EndNote) both created automatic toolbars in my Word. No indicated
way in Help files or this Discussion Group could remove it permanently for
me. I could only remove it by deleting the related templated/start-up files ,
that will remove it entirly and I'll even lose it and need to recover deleted
templates/start-up files -or even going through more complicated restoring
process- to be able to use it when need its functions -occasionally.
Is there any effective way to remove only the bothering toolbar from Word
but keeping the tool itself in Tools or wherever?

Regards,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Re-run Acrobat 8 setup and uninstall the Office add-in. You will however
lose some of the functionality of Acrobat 8 from Word that you have paid
extra for if you do so. Why not simply turn off the toolbars View toolbars
Adobe PDF Maker 8?

See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for background

Ramez wrote:
Hi,
I'm using Word 2003 Prof SP2. Recently, downloaded Acrobat 8 and
another software (EndNote) both created automatic toolbars in my
Word. No indicated way in Help files or this Discussion Group could
remove it permanently for me. I could only remove it by deleting the
related templated/start-up files , that will remove it entirly and
I'll even lose it and need to recover deleted templates/start-up
files -or even going through more complicated restoring process- to
be able to use it when need its functions -occasionally.
Is there any effective way to remove only the bothering toolbar from
Word but keeping the tool itself in Tools or wherever?

Regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ramez

Ramez wrote:
I'm using Word 2003 Prof SP2. Recently, downloaded Acrobat 8 and another
software (EndNote) both created automatic toolbars in my Word. No indicated
way in Help files or this Discussion Group could remove it permanently for
me. I could only remove it by deleting the related templated/start-up files ,
that will remove it entirly and I'll even lose it and need to recover deleted
templates/start-up files -or even going through more complicated restoring
process- to be able to use it when need its functions -occasionally.
Is there any effective way to remove only the bothering toolbar from Word
but keeping the tool itself in Tools or wherever?

have you tried unchecking both entries in Tools | Templates and Add-Ins?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ramez Ramez is offline

Hi Bob, Graham,

Thanks for reply. In fact, I did all what u said here before but couldn't
help. Only removing all of the components in Adobe suite and cleaning
redundant files from registry could get rid off the bothering Acrobat 8
toolbars from Word and Outlook.
It is the "upgrading" that makes the problems. I faced same conflicts when
upgrading from Acrobat 6 to 7, and recently to 8. I recommend users only to
remove previous versions and not do the upgrading from previous version. I
could also find duplicated files that reduced the hard disk space.
Now I have the Adobe menus without the bothering toolbar.

But, I still have the problem with that EndNote (version 10). It is still
showing its toolbar in Word (and Outlook as Word is editor there). Removing
its template will remove the tool entirly from the menu. Only going back to
add the Add-ins Template will solve the problem and I'll get my tool back.

Gratefully,

Ramez

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Ramez

Ramez wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Acrobat 8 doesn't use template add-ins so if you have them they are from an
earlier version. The COM add-ins in Acrobat 8 are selectable from the
applications setup - run 'change' Acrobat 8 setup from the Windows Add or
Remove programs applet.

Ramez wrote:
[...]

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Ramez