Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MikeC MikeC is offline

Default Mailmerge: can you merge more than one data table line on a page?

I am trying to build a mailmerge document where I have a large database (~900
lines of entries) and wish to merge these onto a word document. However, to
save paper when printing, I wish to print maybe 3 entries per page.

Is it possible under mailmerge to call up data from more than one line in
the data table on the same document page? If so how do I do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Am Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:35:02 UTC, schrieb MikeC
auf
microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields :

Is it possible under mailmerge to call up data from more than one line in
the data table on the same document page? If so how do I do it?

I think you would have to set
yourDocument.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdCatalog

Yours,
L.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Either triplicate your document on the page and put a next record field
before the second and third versions
or
Enter the document one and set the document type as Directory (Catalog on
older Word versions)

MikeC wrote:
I am trying to build a mailmerge document where I have a large
database (~900 lines of entries) and wish to merge these onto a word
document. However, to save paper when printing, I wish to print
maybe 3 entries per page.

Is it possible under mailmerge to call up data from more than one
line in the data table on the same document page? If so how do I do
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. create the text and merge fields that you want to insert. Let's assume
that that material occupies one third of the page.

2. Copy the text and merge fields twice

3. Insert a Next record ({ NEXT }) field before each copy (i.e. not
before the "original", so you have

text +fields
{ NEXT}
text + fields
{ NEXT }
text + fields

As for the vertical spacing, you can either
a. adjust the paragraph spacing until you get what you need (but you will
need to make sure that none of your data so large (or small) that lines are
added/removed) or
b. create a 3-cell table with fixed height cells. This is, in essence, no
different from doing a "Label" merge with large labels.

Peter Jamieson

"MikeC" wrote in message
I am trying to build a mailmerge document where I have a large database
(~900
lines of entries) and wish to merge these onto a word document. However,
save paper when printing, I wish to print maybe 3 entries per page.

Is it possible under mailmerge to call up data from more than one line in
the data table on the same document page? If so how do I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MikeC MikeC is offline

Thanks for your help guys. I think Peter and Graham have hit the problem on
the head. I had not thought about the "Next Section" idea and I believe that
this will probably cure my problem. I will post again when I have tried it
and let you know.

Many thanks,
MikeC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MikeC MikeC is offline

Default Mailmerge: can you merge more than one data table line on a pa

Thanks Graham,

I had not thought of that idea and I believe it will solve my problem. I
will let you know how I get on.

Regards,
MikeC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields