Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Trance77 Trance77 is offline

Default Footnotes Style Turabian

When I insert my footnotes using the Turabian style, they display at the
bottom of the page like this:

1 (Smith 1997)
2 (Strunk 2008)
etc

How do I make the footnotes expand to true Turabian / Chicago styled
format, eg?

1 Richard Saul Smith, Information Anxiety 2 (Indianapolis, IN: QUE, 2001),
71.

2 William Strunk and E. B. White, The Elements of Style (New York:
Macmillan, 1972), 27.

Thanks,
Trance77

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Trance,

The Word 2007 citation & bibliography feature primarily uses two fields
{Citation} for in-text citations of sources and the {Bibliography} field for creating a Bibliography/Works Cited table, which by
default puts in all of the references you choose to be in the 'current[document] list' in Manage source, even if not used in a
{Citation} field in the document.

The citation field isn't, it appears, 'aware' that it's in a footnote area, so it doesn't have, that I can see, a built in
formatting for that instance.

You can use the {Citation} field in a footnote and augment it with the field switches for prefix and suffix (typed/pasted text) that
are listed in Word Help (F1) or if the format of the reference that you want to put in the footnote matches that of one of the
bibliography styles you may want to insert a Works Cited/Bibliography and copy a listing to a footnote as text.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Turabian SemSteve Microsoft Word Help 1 October 27th 07 01:02 PM
How do I get footnotes to look like those in Turabian 7th edition Nancy Vyh Microsoft Word Help 8 September 4th 07 11:44 AM
turabian Rob New Users 0 July 20th 07 04:26 AM
How do I set up an automatic font style for footnotes? Joel Bastedo Microsoft Word Help 2 October 27th 05 01:28 AM
Footnotes and style Fred Goldman Microsoft Word Help 19 February 24th 05 01:55 PM